Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Blog...Check


Hey guys,

My name is Sabrina and I am from Leominster, Massachusetts.  I love Massachusetts and everything about it.  I especially love our sports teams.  Although, some of them may be in a little rut right now, I’ll always be there to cheer them on.  I decided I wanted to change things up a bit and head on up to Maine for college.   I like it, but I definitely am missing home and realized just how much I like city life.   I must say though that the beach is a great place to be no matter what the season.  Back home, I have a great and close family and friend base.  I have a sister named Ashley who is developmentally delayed.  So I have been involved with people of varying ages that have special needs of all kinds.  I love everything about working with them because it is so rewarding even after all the hard work.   Nothing is as rewarding as a smile or a gentle hug from one of my “special” friends.
I currently work at the YMCA in Biddeford as a camp counselor and I love it.  I am head of a group that consists of about 23 children that are 6 and 7 years old.  I must say that it is very challenging work, but in the end I love working with and around all kinds of people.
With that being said, I love to work with people no matter how different they may be.   That is why I am a communication major.    I love learning about different people and helping them, whether it may be physical or emotional disability. 
I am excited to take this course because I am familiar with Facebook and Twitter but there are many means of social media that I would love to learn.  I’m expecting to broaden my knowledge of other means of social media.  With this knowledge many of my opinions of certain sites may just change. 
Blogs are use daily by many people around the world and for billions of different reasons.   I am eager to use this to connect with people around the world by interacting with them on their thoughts and just communicating in general.  I am familiar with blogs in that I used them for two of my classes this past semester.  I can’t say that I know them inside and out because every time I explore on blogging pages I learn something new (sounds a little cliché but it’s totally true).
For my privacy settings I made my profile open to anyone because I feel that this will give me a chance to interact with many different people.  I chose this layout because I believe it to be “fool proof” in that it is very easy to navigate.  Every option is visible making it easily accessible. 

Thanks for reading! Hopefully this wasn't too monotonous for you guys and I hope your summer is treating you well.   “Jusqu'à la prochaine fois.”  

-S

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sabrina!
    I really enjoyed learning a little bit about you!
    I'm a huge new england sports fan as well,
    I have to admit that getting to know you this way is much more fun than facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I lived in Leominster for about ten years before moving to NH, what a small world! I agree with you that being a counselor can be challenging, (I'm one too!) but it's the little things that make it all worth it! Good luck at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogs are never "monotonous"... Great points in all three blogs (I read them backward:) )!

    ReplyDelete